Through the ages of time people have always understood the importance of having art in their life. From statues standing in town square to more personal works hanging in their home, art is a key factor in society. Not only is art a great way to record the past but, it also can add that personal human touch to any room of the house. Easily turning the empty spots above fireplaces and walls into a focus point of conversation, while sharing your home with friends and family. Whether it’s a painting of old or a new masterpiece, the styles and choices of what fits you and your desired environment are endless. Already have that piece your just absolutely in love with or has been in the family for years? Why not design a room around the art and incorporate everything you like about it into a actual living space. Now the next time you feel like something is missing you will know what, art.
Standing there clothed from head to toe in the latest fall collection, you find yourself wondering what is missing. A slight chill passes over your neck and the answer is clear, you forgot a scarf. Placing your cashmere scarf around your neck, there’s this sense of warmth and completion added to your mood. Not only is your outfit well accented, but you’re more comfortable. Now ask yourself, shouldn’t your home feel the same way? A sanctuary in which you can enjoy all the beauty and elegance in the world surrounded by the hue of the drapes just like the scarf warmly, hugging your neck. Portraying that luxurious and custom feel that you enjoy from your favorite shawl and giving it back into your home. Transforming the almost perfect room into an extension of oneself that lets everyone know your home represents you. So no matter, the gorgeous frame, the finest fabrics find themselves around windows and self. There’s no reason both can’t be exquisite!
Make a statement in one of your favorite rooms with the classic application of wallpaper! Yes, we said it…wallpaper! Although this style maker has been around for years, it is predicted to make a huge comeback in the years to come. Perhaps it is because of all the new possibilities available and the trendy designs seen everywhere you look. Whatever the case, the results are absolutely stunning and bring an assortment of options to choose from. Here are the top 5 trending wallpapers:
- Grasscloth– This type of wallpaper is made of woven fibers, provides a rich texture, and is environmentally-friendly. This naturally textured and colored wallpaper fills the room with a touch of the outdoors.
- Bold, Geometric Patterns– Choosing a bold, geometric wallpaper pattern will create a bit of drama and add positive interest to a space.
- Metallic– Using wallpapers with a metallic sheen is not only a trend, but it is a great way to brighten up a space and add shine without adding another light source in your space.
- Big Floral Prints– Like grasscloth, this pattern brings a touch of nature indoors in a more stylized manner. It instantly creates warmth and polishes a room with a traditional elegance
- Paintable Wallpaper– Paintable wallpaper is such an exciting product because it not only allows you to add your own personal touch, but the texture that it fashions in each room is exquisite. The color possibilities with this wallpaper are endless and are sure to match any room.
Before making your selection, it is important to understand the durability of the paper. Wallpaper is labeled in three distinct categories: washable, scrubbable, and nonwashable. Knowing each category will help you determine the wallpaper that will best suit your space. So go ahead and dare to make a statement with wallpaper!